7th Grade Online Teaching Manual + video lessons (1 student)
Designed for the 7th-grade teacher, this package includes the following:
- Writing by Design® Online Teaching Manual (1 teacher license) for off-site planning and computer projection. Optional annual renewal after first year, $50.
- Free password-protected access to supporting documents and teaching resources
Each manual provides step-by-step comprehensive lesson plans for instruction of genre-specific writing: (1) Personal Narrative, (2) Summary of Informative Text, (3) Informative: Classification, and (4) Argument.
Lessons are supported by:
- Model Papers
- Introductory Six Traits lessons
- Pictorials and lesson references to Six Traits and Genre Charts
- Reproducible student handouts and worksheets
- Common Core Standards alignment
- “No Excuse Spelling” K-8 and grade-specific word lists
- Revision and Editing tools and exercises
- Supportive lesson resources
- Differentiated teaching tips for ELL and students with special needs
- Writing strategies
- Engaging beginnings and conclusions
- Figurative language definitions and examples
- Advanced Parts of Speech/Word Choice examples
- Academic language reference
- Authentic Assessments
- Lesson-specific recommended picture books
- Spanish-translated resources
Writing by Design® uses recommended picture books, which are listed here.